23 January 2009

Friday, I have tons of holiday left at work so I think I'll be taking a lot of Fridays off!
The stainless steel flue pipe I ordered online arrived during the week which means I've been preparing the deck collar and starting to fit it today.

A hole is cut in the roof, the handrail also has to be cut as it's in the way (to be tidied up later).

To stop the chimney waving out at an odd angle I've welded a circular wedge that creates a counter for the deck collar to sit on at a more reasonable angle.

The stove inside with a dry fit of the chimney.

The chimney sticks out the roof. Eventually this will be cut level with the deck collar so a more traditional removable chimney can be put in place.
The welds have been tidied up in the same fashion as the rest of the boat, with filler :o)

No comments: